As an affiliated member of Artistic Swimming NZ, all athletes of Alpine Synchro Artistic Swimming Club (“ASASC” or “the Club”) must abide by New Zealand’s Sports Anti-Doping Rules. These rules reflect the World Anti-Doping Agency’s World Anti-Doping Code.
More information with links to resources can be found on the websites below – click on the logos for more information.
Amendments to Our Anti-Doping Policy
We reserve the right to review and amend this Policy from time to time. Amendments will be effective immediately and ASASC has no obligation to notify you of such amendments. We recommend that you check this page for amendments each time you revisit this website.
In summary, the 10 Rule Violations are:
- The presence of a prohibited substance or its metabolites or markers in an athlete’s sample.
- The use or attempted use by an athlete of a prohibited substance or method.
- Evading testing or refusing to provide a sample for drug testing.
- Failing to provide accurate and up-to-date whereabouts information or missing a test.
- Tampering or attempting to tamper with any part of the doping control process.
- Possessing prohibited substances or methods.
- Trafficking or attempting to traffic any prohibited substance or method.
- Administering or attempting to administer a prohibited substance or method to an athlete.
- Covering up an anti-doping rule violation.
- An athlete associating with someone, such as a coach or medical professional, who has been found guilty of an anti-doping rule violation or equivalent.